“Penguin Pete” gives 10 reasons as to why the command line is far better than GUI. And yeah, I do agree with him. Something as simple as installing as application is a lot easier! I mean c’mon tell me, which is better, telling someone to type “sudo apt-get install xxx” or “Click on the Button, Click on system, click on utilities, click on install” etc. Wouldn’t you agree? I prefer the command line way–not because it’s geeky, because it saves you a lot of time!
Here’s his reasons:
- Keying is faster than mousing.
- It’s easier to both give and get help.
- Repetitive stress injury comes from the mouse, not the keyboard.
- Commands are standard where GUIs are not.
- Commands are more powerful.
- You can automate commands.
- Commands are easier to remember than clicks.
- GUIs are always changing.
- Commands are more error-safe.
- You have to type to use a computer anyways
Head over to Penguin Pete’s for his detailed explainations