Brandon over at LinuxFUD has posted about the top 10 list of themes used by anti-Linux FUD campaigners.
The following is my Top 10 list of themes used by anti-Linux FUD campaigns. This list is based on observations made over my years of following the Linux market. The ranking loosely correlates to frequency of usage and is somewhat subjective at best. Understanding each pattern will help you recognize a nicely-prepared piece of FUD when you encounter it. Each will be covered in more depth in subsequent posts.
- Linux has a steep learning curve.
- Linux is not “officially” supported.
- With Linux, you cannot access old files or share new files with others.
- There are no good software titles for Linux.
- Linux is not secure.
- Linux is low-quality software.
Continue reading at LinuxFUD