I probably top the ranks of lazy arses who procrastinate like there's no tomorrow - and then there's Fabrice Bellard
Amongst others, he's created/led
- A 4G LTE base station running entirely in software on a standard PC.
- A new ASN1 compiler generating small and efficient C code.
- 2700 billion decimal digits of Pi computed with a desktop computer.
- Analog and Digital TV (DVB-T) signal generation by displaying an image on a PC display.
- QEMU is a generic machine emulator and virtualizer.
- FFMPEG, the Open Source Multimedia System. I launched this project in year 2000 and led it during several years.
- TCC is a tiny but complete ISOC99 C compiler which enables you to use C as scripting language. TCC has its roots in the OTCC project. The TCCBOOT boot loader demonstrate the speed of TCC by compiling and launching a Linux kernel in less than 15 seconds.
- QEmacs (for Quick Emacs) is an emacs clone I began to learn Unicode rendering algorithms, text buffers manipulation and XML/HTML/CSS parsing.
- OTCC is a very small self-compiling compiler for a subset of C I wrote to win the 2001 edition of the International Obfuscated C Contest.
- TinyGL: a Small, Free and Fast Subset of OpenGL.
- An online Scientific Web Calculator.
- Pi formulas, algorithms and computations.
- A tiny C program to print the biggest known prime number.
Mind Boggling. Read the HN comments for more.