Since my new job involves lot more of Linux, shell scripting bash and automation, I’ve been trying to brush up my Linux skills. Ran into this “problem” today where there’s an init script which handles unicorn start/stop/reload and we were debugging some kinks around this. The init script had a chain of cd to the directory and the unicorn invoke script. Was trying to figure out why unicorn wasn’t starting up, till I read a bit more and dropped to using echo to understand what’s happening
Transistor is the second game made by Supergiant Games following up on their previous game, Bastion. Bastion didn’t hold my attention long enough so I really can’t say much about it, except at first glance, Bastion seemed to have great artwork and music. Story Transistor follows the story of Red, a singer in a city called Cloudbank who gets nearly killed. She manages to escape and acquires the Transistor - a sword-like weapon.
Gog.com(formerly Good Old Games) is part of CD Projekt Group - the publishers of the fantastic Witcher series of games. GOG started off as a firm which (re)distributed classic games without DRM and ensuring they run on modern systems. Off late, they have evolved into digital distribution - and they’re going against the likes of Steam (and to much lesser extent, Origin). Most digital distribution platforms tend to push their own brand, force you to use their clients and lock you down to their own platform - so not having all your eggs in the same basket is a good thing.
Few months ago for our second wedding Anniversary, after much discussions on what to get for each other - we decided to get a PlayStation 4. This was a rather surprising decision considering I’ve never been a console gamer(barring the SNES clones that Dad got for my Brahmopadesham) I’ve had a fairly decent gaming computer and spend a lot of time in front of the computer than a TV I really don’t like playing with controllers and pretty bad with it Few months back Subbu lent me his PS Vita loaded with.
For every Barcamp event that comes and goes by, I try to think of what new thing I can do to make it a bit better. Off late, I’ve been using Inbox by Gmail almost exclusively. I love the product, particularly for the cards that show up that gives you a brief info about the mail(ex: Event reservation details/Flight details etc) without even opening the email. I noticed that Meetup does the same.
I’ve always loved the Grand Theft Auto series, but more so as a sandbox/stress-buster than as a story line game. The first GTA game that I played was GTA II, but that was quite some time back. I don’t remember much about it - all that I recall was it it was a top down game taking a car rushing through the streets and that’s about it. I got annoyed with it and didn’t touch it.
Undertale is a game that’s been getting rave reviews from quite a few people - critics or otherwise. Some choice comments IGN: It’s hard to express just how much I adore Undertale without spoiling anything significant, but that’s what I love about it. It tells its story in such a dynamic way, and with such a great understanding of the RPG player’s mindset, that it couldn’t have been told in any other way.
I got a bug assigned to me where my application was returning an incorrect value. Some background: The function was an age check function which takes in date of birth & start date and returns the age. In this specific case, the date of birth was 05.01.1951 and start date was 01.01.2016 - the expected age that was to be returned(after round off to 4) was 64.9892. The application, however was returning 65.
I wanted a way to download my Spotify songs for offline listening. Ideally I’d subscribe to Spotify to make use of Offline feature, but they haven’t officially launched here so that’s out of the question. A while back, I’d used spotify_to_mp3 which made use of Grooveshark to download, but Grooveshark shut down, leaving the script defunct. This gave me an idea to build something similar. With this as the motivation, I built Spotify-dl to scratch an itch as well as to improve my Python skills.
So this happened just now with a colleague. He’s been working for few months now. My way of handling merge conflict: Open WinMerge to diff See the conflicting part Correct the conflicting part by copying the changes to the destination file in WinMerge His way Open WinMerge to diff See the conflicting part Opens the source file in Windows notepad Copies the entire contents to clipboard Opens a new tab in Notepad++ </div> Pastes the contents Goes to the line to be corrected.