When doing the new website for the Sublime Text 2.0 launch, instead of just screenshots, I wanted to have animations to demonstrate some of its features. Animated GIF files would have been a candidate, except for two issues: the 256 color limitation, which would have made the animations ugly, and the encoders I tried spat out huge files, at almost 1MB per-animation. Instead, I wrote a small Python script that takes a collection of PNG frames as input, and emits a single packed PNG file as output, which contains all the differences between the frames, and some JSON meta-data specifying which bits of the packed PNG file correspond to each frame.
I noticed this few days ago on the dev build: case ya'll haven't noticed, the Chrome's wrench icon is no longer there :( i.imgur.com/rkbMh.png — Sathya (@SathyaBhat) August 8, 2012 It’s been replaced with what I can only call.. “Three horizontal lines” which is really weird way of calling it :\ Having the wrench icon was so much better - have referred bringing up the menu quite a few times as “Click on the wrench” on Super User.
I spent the past hour and a half trying to fix this stupid error. Here’s the situation: I have a Poplist(aka dropdown list/ list item). The poplist is populated by a query defined in a Record Group. The query is on the lines of select id, name from employees The column types are correctly defined. And yet I kept running into FRM-41336: Populate_List: invalid column type for column error message.
About 2 weeks ago, Wakoopa announced that they will be shutting down their social network soon & focusing on “Corporate Research”. Unfortunately that day is here. Just received an email stating that as of today, you can grab an export of your data. This is what they have to say about the export The export is a CSV file containing the following columns: application name, subcategory, category, the number of seconds you've used the application in the hour, the hour you've used the application in, the date of the usage, the operating system and your user id.
I’m a huge fan of Chrome & pretty much loved whatever changes Chrome team have done to the browser since it’s inception. This change, however, is probably the first annoying thing that I’ve run into. Few days ago, after the latest dev channel update, all the extension icons on went missing. I initially thought all my extensions got wiped out. However, after heading over to chrome://extensions I realized that the update had a new “Show button” feature next to the extensions list and they had been set to hide all :|
I first spent weeks arguing on a bugzilla that the security policy of requiring the root password for changing the timezone and adding a new wireless network was moronic and wrong. I think the wireless network thing finally did get fixed, but the timezone never did - it still asks for the admin password. So here’s a plea: if you have anything to do with security in a distro, and think that my kids (replace “my kids” with “sales people on the road” if you think your main customers are businesses) need to have the root password to access some wireless network, or to be able to print out a paper, or to change the date-and-time settings, please just kill yourself now.
He loves [Edge]. The game, the puzzles, the music, the levels, everything. He knows which music belongs to what level, what secret passages can be reached when traversing through the level a certain way and when his gaming time is over he tends to his lego and builds his own Edge levels. … I sent a tweet to Edge creator Two Tribes where I asked if they had any promotional material such as a poster, flyer or business card perhaps.
Hackershelf is curated collection of legally free books. Check it out. On a related topic of programming books - check out Stack Overflow’s tag wiki on books. Related: HN-Books: a listing all the books that hackers recommended to each other from the site HackerNews.
Was writing this for Stack Overflow‘s tag wiki on ORA-01017, thought I’ll post it here as well. ORA-01017 is the error code shown my Oracle when a login attempt to the database was not successful. The full text of the error code is: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied Cause: An invalid username or password was entered in an attempt to log on to Oracle. The username and password must be the same as was